Fri, Feb 02|
Auberge Yoga Salamandre
ACT in Nature Training Retreat - WINTER 2024
Join us for an all-inclusive, training and meditation retreat in nature just 1 hour from Montreal!
Time & Location
Feb 02, 2024, 5:00 p.m. – Feb 04, 2024, 11:00 a.m.
Auberge Yoga Salamandre, 151 Chem. Brandy, Foster, QC J0E 1R0, Canada
About the event
At this retreat, we will use nature as a background for training and practice in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and mindfulness meditation.
This training will equip therapists with the foundational knowledge and practical skills necessary to implement ACT interventions in various professional settings.
This continuing education retreat is intended for practicing therapists, clinicians and interns and is recognized for 14 hours of continuing education credits with the Ordre de Psychologues du Quebec.
The retreat will be held at the stunning Auberge Yoga Salamandre nestled in a forest with a river running through it.
What you will get out of it:
In a beautiful setting where nature is easy to access, you will learn the Core Principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and various techniques and practices to support your clients in living a valued life.
To learn more about ACT and my approach, check out Mindfulness Outdoors.
What to expect:
- Beautiful rooms and delicious food
- Connecting with nature and yourself
- Hanging out with other mindful therapists
- Training on the Core Principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Training on practical applications of ACT across the lifespan
On the Agenda:
- Outdoor yoga and movement
- Mindful Hikes and meditative walks with attention to the nature that surrounds us.
- Training workshops
- Practice sessions
- Winter forest bathing
- Chilling outside by the fire
- Chilling inside in the beautiful Inn
- *More details about the agenda will be posted closer to the time of the event.
This is an all-inclusive retreat with catering provided by L'Archipel Restaurant.
- Transportation is not provided by the retreat. If you do not have a car available, there is a bus line through LimoCar that takes you to Bromont Autoparc 74, which is 15 minutes from the retreat centre. If you plan to take LimoCar to Bromont, please contact us at email@example.com and we will help coordinate a ride for you from the bus station in Bromont to the retreat center.
- For carpooling, we encourage you to check our Facebook page to coordinate with others.
** This training is recognized for 14 hours of continuing education credits with the Ordre de Psychologues du Quebec.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) offers promising evidence-based techniques to support clients in living a value-based life. It can be particular useful for clients facing difficulties related to anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), depression, trauma, and interpersonal difficulties.
The Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in Nature training provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of ACT principles and techniques while using the natural world as a backdrop to practice these techniques. Participants will learn how to use ACT to help clients develop psychological flexibility and enhance their well-being. This training will be particularly useful for therapists working with individuals with anxiety and anxiety-related disorders.
This training is for psychologists, psychotherapists and trainees who wish to expand their knowledge and clinical skills in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and ecopsychology.
No prior experience in ACT is required to attend this training. However, participants should have a basic understanding of general therapeutic principles, ethics and practices. Participants should have some prior supervised clinical experience (e.g., practicum, internship, and clinical practice).
14 hours over 2 days. The training will span over two consecutive days, with a total of 14 hours of instruction and interactive learning activities.
● Gain a solid understanding of the core principles of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
● Learn the key components of psychological flexibility and behavioural activation and how to foster it in clients.
● Practice the implementation of various ACT techniques and interventions, including mindfulness meditation, the ACT Matrix, and the Choice Point into therapeutic work.
● Understand the use of ecopsychology to enhance ACT practices and techniques.
● Explore the use of ACT with specific populations and age groups.
● Develop self-awareness and personal mindfulness practice to enhance therapeutic presence and effectiveness.
● By the end of this training, participants will have a strong foundation in ACT and will be equipped to integrate ACT principles and techniques into their therapeutic work.
The training will be conducted in a workshop-style format, consisting of a combination of didactic presentations, experiential exercises, case studies, and group discussions. The facilitator will provide a supportive learning environment that encourages active participation and the integration of theory and practice. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in mindfulness-based activities, various experiential techniques, and role-plays.
Dr. Moire Stevenson is a clinical psychologist with 15 years of clinical experience in the public and private sectors. She has worked with a variety of age groups and has specific expertise in anxiety and anxiety-related disorders. She also has a background in biology and biochemistry and uses aspects of ecopsychology to enhance the use of ACT and encourage experiential practice. She has been a clinical supervisor for the past 7 years, specializing in supervision in ACT and evidence-based practice for specific disorders (e.g., OCD, social anxiety, selective mutism, etc.). She runs a popular wellness-based outdoors group in Quebec. Dr. Stevenson is also the Lead for Disability Accommodations at Concordia University and the Lead Investigator for the Psychological Assessment of Children with Visual Impairment Study (PACVI) with the Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation of Greater Montreal (CRIR).
- Sale ends: Jan 07, 2024, 11:59 p.m.
Pay by Installments
Reserve your spot by paying $200 now. We will follow up with you by email to see which room you want to reserve (i.e., dormitory, shared room or private room). You will receive an invoice for the remaining amount 2 weeks prior to the event.$200.00
Shared room with fireplace and curtains to divide the sections of the room.$650.00
Shared Room for Two
This is a shared room for 2 people. The price is for each person.$950.00
A beautiful private room for 1 participant.$1,025.00
Mindfulness Outdoors Retreats & Activities